ISO 20001 is the first international standard for IT Service Management. IT Service providers can struggle to maintain high levels of service to their customers, particularly with the increasing diversity of technologies available. An integrated framework for delivering and managing IT servicesto your customers can provide you control, greater effectiveness and opportunities for improvement within the organization.>An IT Service Management System (ITSMS) is a systematic approach to managing the IT services delivered to customers (internal / external). It encompasses people, processes and IT systems .While the standard is aligned with ITIL, it includes much more than ITIL Service Delivery and Service Support.
Benefits of implementing ISO 20000
- Intrinsic value to the whole organization is gained by requiring ongoing competence of the service providers.
- Creation of a standard consistent approach, aids major changes in your organization.
- Inter-relates the processes of your organization to ensure cohesive delivery and sustainability.
- Alignment of all information technology services provided by your organization and business strategy and creation of a formal framework for current service improvement projects.
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services provided by your organization.
- By requiring ownership and responsibility at all levels, it creates a progressive ethos and culture.
- Ensures that trends are reviewed and methods for continuous improvements are made.
- Identification of a business’s tolerance to a failure & risks, thus reducing cost in terms of external service receipts.
- Enhanced reputation and perception of your organization.
- Fundamental shift to pro-active rather than re-active processes.
- Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.
- Certification provides confidence to customers, trading partners, stakeholder etc in your organization.
- Ensure the release of changed or new service has a formal review to ensure the integrity of the service and that of other service components that might be impacted.