The Capability Maturity Model Integration
The Capability Maturity Model Integration, or CMMI, is a process model that provides a clear definition of what an organization should do to promote behaviors that lead to improved performance. With five “Maturity Levels” or three “Capability Levels,” the CMMI defines the most important elements that are required to build great products, or deliver great services, and wraps them all up in a comprehensive model.
The CMMI helps us understand the answer to the question “how do we know?”
- How do we know what we are good at?
- How do we know if we’re improving?
- How do we know if the process we use is working well?
- How do we know if our requirements change process is useful?
- How do we know if our products are as good as they can be?
- The CMMI also helps us identify and achieve measurable business goals, build better products, keep customers happier, and ensure that we are working as efficiently as possible.